About Me

My photo
Lover of peanut butter cookies, naps, and Hobby Lobby.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Crafting

      I cannot express my love for crafting. I walk into a Hobby Lobby and I feel like a kid in a candy store on Christmas morning with fireworks going off in the background of Rocky's training montage. Legitimately.

      This page is just going to be the random projects I attempt throughout the semester and I hope I can complete some pretty neat things. More than half of these things will probably come from Pinterest and I really hope I can do them justice.


      Here are some projects I have crafted in the past... the first being a painted wine glass for my friend's birthday. 


 











Here, I just bought a wine glass from the dollar store and took some of my acrylic paints and went to town. The quote is from Kenny Chesney's song "You and Tequila Make Me Crazy" (good song, you should look it up!)


    

I also made shadow boxes for my dorm room:


This one was a little more time consuming. I bought scrapbook paper in black and white and then a sheet of red card stock. I folded the edges of the black and white paper to fit into the plastic casing and then over taped the corners so they wouldn't pop out.

I then researched for about two hours trying to find the perfect font and printed off each of the letters. I then had to trace them backward on tracing paper to then transfer them with a heavier pencil onto the card stock. From there, I took an expo knife and carved out my letters, stuck them in the front of the plastic frame... and Viola! 






What's my next project? A bucket that will serve as a gift basket of sorts. My roommate and I are tag-teaming in the brainstorming so we'll see how this turns out! Pictures to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. I am a HUGE fan of Pinterest too. I have found so many fabulous things on there. It's my new addiction. I love what you created with the UGA letters. I have been wanting to create something like that as well. I think I might just have to try it now that I know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the frames for your shadow boxes? I love damask print! & I desperately need to do some deocorating in my apartment. I look forward to seeing your pintrest projects. I have not been brave enough to try one yet, just have tried recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in love with pinterest. Your projects are great! I really love the shadow boxes. I'm more of a scrapbooker than a crafter though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pinterest! I don't usually get around to many of the crafts I pin, but they're there when I have time and decide that I'm in a crafting mood. The recipes I pin, however, is another story!

    ReplyDelete